5/09/2008
Breaking The First Commandment
"if what we call "God" is in fact not God then we can ascribe transcendence to it and bow before it with a humble "soli deo gloria" (to God alone be glory) but it still would not alter at all the fact that the revered entity is not God. In Barth's own words: even "by placing [this] God on the throne of the world, we enthrone in him only ourselves." - God is God: The Meaning of a Controversial Formula and the Fundamental Problem of Speaking About God, Eberhard Busch
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
HI, Sorry about this I hate to leave non-related comments but I couldnt find an email address anywhere. I noticed over on ben myers site you commented about fashion and theology, its an area I am quite keen to read in and you mentioned you had done some work in it. I wondered if you might have a bibliography youwoudl consider sharing with me around the subejct of fashion and theology. Look forward to hearing from you. byrnesyliam [at] gmail [dot] com
Post a Comment